Reply: Question on S3 on evergreen

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Thu Oct 13 07:16:07 PDT 2011

Xav, thanks for your reminder. Actually our law leam has already checked the license. As Dave said, the DRM kernel driver is all MIT-licensed and we will be free to use them. When the drm uses linux kernel function calls, we will use freebsd(none-GPL) equivalent to replace.
Dave, by the way, I want to ask you about some exceptions in DRM. you know in some files(i.e. drm_fb_helper.c), it includes MODULE_LICENSE("GPL and additional rights"). Does it mean it is GPL licensed? Is it free to use this file?

Thanks,
Frank