[LGM] Video Recording

Soenke Zehle soenke at kein.org
Thu Dec 14 16:52:35 UTC 2017

>it seems logical to put either the local organizers or (if he's willing)
Soenke in charge of event finances given their much closer proximity to
event operations and expenditures. I'd also like to get a Europe-based
volunteer to check travel reimbursement paperwork when the time comes.

Happy to work out details with the Sevilla team here, my main concern right
now is that Google will sponsor only if we commit to video recordings. Can
we say that if CCC falls thru (will speak with Peter this weekend, they are
all supersuperbusy b/c of https://events.ccc.de/tag/34c3/) we are sure to
find another video crew (even if we pay regular rates funding should cover
that)?

For the record, this is what the draft "obligations" section in the
agreement currently says:

"Organization will video tape all the stage presentations, ensure they
undergo a professional editing and postproduction process, and upload them
to YouTube on the LGM YouTube Channel before Project End Date. The intent
is to facilitate the timely public release of the edited video material
online via YouTube after the conclusion of the conference. To encourage and
facilitate use, remixing, and widespread dissemination as open eduactional
resource, all video will be released under an open licence such as
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/. The event will be
communicated across a variety of online and social media channels as
follows:

Co-sponsor logo + link on website at sponsor page
Co-sponsor logo + link on the digital program
Mention on prior and post-event email communications with audience
Recognition at beginning and end of the conference from podium

A statement in the description field of each archived talk uploaded to
YouTube, that includes the following text: "This presentation was recorded
on [date] as part of LGM 2018 in Sevilla. The archive of this talk was made
possible by a generous sponsorship from Google Fonts."

I would agree with a.l.e that reimbursements are best done at / during the
event. If we get everyone to sign a receipt for a travel stipend, we need
to collect no tickets etc at all. LGM just needs to determine a) who the
recipients are and b) what amount they should receive.

best,

Soenke