[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant : status report

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Wed Sep 14 08:11:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

I stalled on the i18n. It does not look like much but I can't figure out how to fit the translation of
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug.xhtml
into an existing workflow. It's not a silverstripe page nor a wiki page. If I try to think of a way to force it silverstripe or the wiki so that the translators can work on it, I think it will mean troubles. There are too many constraints to care about when editing this file and there is a 100% chance the structure of the page will be damaged. In the same way the microformat keeps being damanged within the
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=BugReport_Details&action=historysubmit&diff=36591&oldid=36520
page for instance. If there was a gettext based translation effort, I could produce pot files for them to work on. But that seems like a long shot.
Advices are welcome :-)

I did some cleanup, which should make the life of Nacer Adamou easier when testing the cross browser compatibility:

jslint is happy http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/website/commit/?id=261964a2c2fb1ac45ba433dc252d2471e148548c
css validator is happy http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fbugassistant.libreoffice.org%2Flibreoffice%2Fbug%2Fbug.css&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&vextwarning=&lang=en
after some changes http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/website/commit/?id=dc2a726aa7ffe99875fb1829922e9c2b1650632f html validator is somewhat happier than it was http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fbugassistant.libreoffice.org%2Flibreoffice%2Fbug%2Fbug.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

A few bugs reported by Rainer were fixed
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo&action=historysubmit&diff=36590&oldid=36580
and more information requested for another
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2011-September/000161.html

The work done by Christoph Noack
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2011-September/000158.html
was forwarded to the web designer in the hope it will be taken into account for
http://99designs.com/web-design/contests/bug-submission-web-form-design-wanted-libreoffice-95945

Cheers