Let failed Jenkins builds set Verified: -1 in Gerrit?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 15:46:32 UTC 2018

On 14/03/18 16:03, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> (And I think David already
>> nailed the reason down in another mail in this thread.)
>
> To be honest hard to find the info in all that ranting/user
> permissions re setting verified statues surely should not have any
> effect on notifications for comments/messages that are added using
> "gerrit review" command, etc.

Not sure what you mean with ranting, quoting
<https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2018-March/079748.html>:

"But let us do a step back and re-visit this thread: the actual
problem we are trying to solve is a different one: a missing
feedback from Jenkins on failed verifications jobs. [...]

"My proposal to solve that for now and avoid future discussions:

"1. Grant 'Remove Reviewer' ACL to stewards group: [5]. That way many
devs are able to drop the wrong vote, and someone is always on the IRC.

"2. Re-configure Jenkins Trigger Plugin set-up and enable voting of
Verified-1 on failed jobs."

To me at least, the proposal sounds like an effective way to address the
problem, and I would be happy if somebody from the infra team could look
into that.