llvm/clang static analyzer reports

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:51:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:48 AM Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Sure, can't hurt to document the approach you've taken.  So if that's
> not much additional work, sounds good to me to add a script to
> dev-tools.  You can add me as reviewer.

Alright, I'll do that then.

Just one more thing I need to mention. At some point during the
build/analysis, I run into the following:

The analyzer (or make, I can't tell which) goes looking for
'/usr/bin/clang-10++' (which isn't there) instead of '/usr/bin/clang++-10'.
In other words, it looks for clang-version++ instead of clang++-version. I
haven't really investigated much, but chose to be pragmatic and just add a
symlink to work around the issue. If this is an acceptable workaround, I'll
add a README that mentions this. On the other hand, if this is a
dealbreaker and people want this 'fixed' before continuing, then I am going
to need a lot of help in finding the root cause (so I can submit a bug
report with the project that causes the behaviour).

> (I've not yet come around to
> thinking about how to handle the false positives, which would IMO be a
> prerequisite to running this on a regular basis.)

Understood.

- Maarten