[Mesa-dev] [status][help]pipe-video on Loongson3A(mipsel) platform with r600

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 3 03:46:24 PDT 2011

fykcee1 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 在 2011年8月2日 下午8:16,fykcee1 at gmail.com<fykcee1 at gmail.com>  写道:
>>> Depending on how it was configured mplayer needs (probably)
>>> /etc/X11/XvMCConfig containing /path/to/your/lib/libXvMCr600.so
>> I add the path "/usr/lib/libXvMCr600.so" to /etc/X11/XvMCConfig, but
>> mplayer seems not invoke it (No r600 in strace or /proc/pid/maps).
>> Maybe I should try a newer version of mplayer.
> My mplayer reads /usr/lib/XvMCConfig, after I providing that file,
> libXvMCr600.so is loaded by mplayer.

Does it work now then?

I don't know how close to rv670 rs780 is, but I have artifact issues
with my rv670 that don't show with my rv790.

If you can get it to display I would interested what -

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/Pendulum.mpg

looks like.

>>> Generally r600 pipe-video still has rendering and functional issues. If you
>>> just want to test fair enough, but if you are trying to make your system
>>> play h264 that it can't currently the best thing you could do is compile svn
>>> mplayer which now has ffmpeg h264 multithread support so -
>>>
>>> mplayer -lavdopts threads=4 will use all of your cores.
> Tried, not make big difference at first glance. (P.S.  can mplayer
> show fps in OSD?)
> That still doesn't use all CPU power(even with thread=8) according to top.

Just to be clear, this not for pipe video - you have to decode with
ffmpeg software. I guess xv would be the fastest vo to use.

Personally I prefer -vo gl, but gallium is slower than classic for me
(not helped by having a noisy fan requiring me to keep my card on low
power when using as HTPC). I think the difference is because gallium
uses blits rather than memcpy.

I don't think mplayer will show fps, but it does have a benchmark option
(you still have to work out your own fps).

Unless you are bottlenecked on display I expect newmobcal would show a
small difference with threads=4, but some high bitrate h264 would
probably be better.

To benchmark you need to turn off various vsyncs depending on -vo

First in xorg.conf device section
Option          "SwapbuffersWait" "off"

For gl, run mplayer with env vblank_mode=0

For xv, xvattr -a XV_VSYNC -v 0

Then try mplayer -nosound -benchmark -vo xv newmobcal1920.ts

and repeat with -lavdopts threads=4

Though it shouldn't affect benchmarks too much, when actually using my
PC as HTPC I've found cpufreq_ondemand to be a pain - so I set to perf.

If rs780 has power saving then that's another variable to play with eg
as root.

echo low > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
echo high > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile