[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

ABDUL MOIZ abdulmoiz786 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 02:02:36 PDT 2011

Hi,
       Thanks for the reply.

       As adviced by you,I have followed the procedure given in the link

http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/compiling-and-running-pulseaudio-from-git/

      I got the code from the git source as told in the guide and everything
was going well but i got error at this step

        $ src/pulseaudio -n -F src/default.pa -p $(pwd)/src/.libs/ -vvvv

 You can check the attached log file to see the error.

 Then I have again restarted the build process by giving the path to be /usr
while configuring  i.e

       $ ./configure --prefix=/usr

 And the build was successful, and I can able to run the pulseaudio daemon.

In the CLI terminal, i have changed the default source and sink to echo
cancel as shown below:

<<set-default-source alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.echo-cancel
<<set-default-sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.echo-cancel

Now when i test using gst pipeline, i can observe that echo & noise has been
reduced.
To confirm whether echo cancel is working or not , i tried to see verbose
log as shown below:

$ pulseaudio -v

But I am getting the following:

I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.98-dev-438-g6add-dirty
I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
I: main.c: Machine ID is fstl-laptop.
I: main.c: Session ID is
2012bf02773ecb9a7c891fbb4e25bc80-1311316492.289922-1263349109.
I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/fstl/.pulse/fstl-laptop-runtime.
I: main.c: Using state directory /home/fstl/.pulse.
I: main.c: Using modules directory /usr/lib/pulse-0.98/modules.
I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
E: pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
$

when i kill the pulseaudio daemon, then also the samething coming.
And also I have tried the below commands:

$ pulseaudio --kill
$ killall pulseaudio
$ killall -9 pulseaudio
$ rm -rf ~/.pulse*
$ sudo rm -rf /tmp/pulse*

But still "pulseaudio -v" is not working.
and "pulseaudio --kill" also being executed, but pulseaudio daemon is still
running.

So the problem is pulseaudio instance is not getting killed properly.
Can you please help me to get clean start and kill of pulseaudio daemon and
as well as to get the log messages of running pulseaudio daemon.

Thanks

Regards,
Abdul Moiz