[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

ABDUL MOIZ abdulmoiz786 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:53:45 PDT 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at gmail.com>wrote:

> ABDUL MOIZ wrote:
>
> > Hi Alexander,
> >
> >                      As adviced by you, I have uncommented
> >                      "cpu-limit=no" in
> > daemon.conf file but still the same problem occurs.
>
> Hi. There is not enough information in your email. We need to debug
> further.
>
> First, is it really the same problem, as in "Program terminated with
> signal SIGKILL, Killed"?

      Yes it is the same problem i.e  "Program terminated with signal
SIGKILL, Killed"

> If it is still being killed, is there anything interesting in dmesg
> output after that, that contains the word "pulseaudio"?

     Nothing about "pulseaudio" in dmesg output.

> If it is not killed anymore, what is the CPU usage when you attempt to
> play something through the echo canceller?

     Without echo cancellation module loaded, cpu usage is about 1-2 %
      When echo cancel module is loaded, cpu usage is becoming around 35-40
%
      and the pulseaudio daemon is being killed.

> And, how did you compile speex on your board? (asking because it defaults
> to floating-point instructions)"

       I have got the source code from git tree as shown below:

         git clone git://git.0pointer.de/pulseaudio.git padev

        Then I have done the below steps to compile the source code

         $:./bootstrap.sh
         $:./configure --prefix=/usr/
         $:make
         $;sudo make install