[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio randomly resets

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Mar 25 01:30:40 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 15:00 +0100, Helmar Schütz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Pulseaudio randomly resets when I play music in wine emulated
> foobar2000 or in Linux VLC player. I see the icon disappear for a bit
> and audio completely stops until I restart said applications. I tried
> running pulseaudio verbosely from command line but other than a "kill"
> when it happened, there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

What do you mean by "a kill"? Is there a line saying "Killed"? If that's
the case, then the problem is probably that PulseAudio is consuming more
CPU time in its realtime threads than it's allowed to, hence it gets
killed.

> My OS is Debian Wheezy using Gnome Fallback mode.
>
> Is there any way I can find out what's wrong and fix it?

Do you possibly use module-combine-sink? It had a bug that could cause
the CPU limit to be exceeded. It's fixed in 3.0, which is not available
in Wheezy.